- We respect your privacy
1.1. Anshu Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
1.2. “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
- Collection of personal information
2.1. Anshu Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
2.2. You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
2.3. Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
- How we collect your personal information
- Use of your personal information
4.1. Anshu Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
4.2. Anshu Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- Disclosure of your personal information
5.1. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
5.2. We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
5.3. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Anshu Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd, www.happybooks.com.au, its customers or third parties.
5.4. Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to US-Central.
5.5. If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user
databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Security of your personal information
6.1. Anshu Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Access to your personal information
7.1. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- Complaints about privacy
8.1. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to Unit 15 3-13 Bundarra Avenue, WAHROONGA, New South Wales, 2076. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
10.1. When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.happybooks.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
10.3. Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Anshu Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
2. DEFINITIONS “App” means the mobile application called “Happy Books”, including all pages, sub pages, blogs, forums, and all other connected internet content whatsoever and includes any updated or subsequent versions. “Approved Third Parties” are third parties with whom we have an arrangement for the purpose of engaging in or facilitating Direct Marketing. “Australian Privacy Principles” means The Australian Privacy Principles set out under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other applicable Australian law. “Digital Platform” is a third party digital platform which allows you to access the App using your login details for that digital platform. “Digital Platform Login” means your login details for accessing a Digital Platform. “Identifying Information” means information provided by you when you register to use the App, including your name, email address, user name and password. “Main Purposes” means (a) providing full access to the App; (b) providing you with information and updates about the App; (c) sending electronic communications to you “Materials” means any content, materials, information or documentation that we may provide to you in connection with the App including documentation, data, information developed by us or owned by us, and other materials which may assist in your use of the App. “Parties” means both you and us collectively. “Personal Information” means information that is personal in nature that either discloses your identity or provides enough information for someone to reasonably work out your identity, including information such as names, date of birth, telephone number, email address, address, location, gender, age, relationship status, details about use of the App and payment details and includes Identifying Information. “Third Party Communications” means electronic communications from Approved Third Parties. “Third Party Goods” means any goods advertised, sold or provided via Third Party Links. “Third Party Links” means links or references to websites, applications or content other than the App, or to materials other than the Materials, none of which are controlled by us. “Third Party Services” means any services advertised, sold or provided via Third Party Links. “us”, “we”, “our” refers to Anshu Consultancy Services Pty Ltd. “User” means any person (including body corporate) who has registered with the App or has accessed the app via a Digital Platform. “Website” means www.happybooks.com.au “you” or “your” refers to the user of the App. “Your Content” means any content, writing, images, audiovisual content or other information published on the App by you or which you otherwise share with us.
7. STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION We will store your Personal Information for as long as your account remains active and as long thereafter as we are required or permitted by law to do so. We will delete or de-identify Personal Information upon your request, unless we are legally required to maintain it, if there is any active dispute between you and us or between you and another User or if we are required to retain the Personal information to fulfil our legal, financial, tax or other comparable obligations.
8. INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Personal Information that we collect and deal with is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we hold from theft, misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. If any Personal Information is stolen, misused, interfered with or lost, or has been accessed, modified or disclosed without authorisation, then we will comply with our legal obligations to report and manage the breach.
9. ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us. If any of the Personal Information we hold for you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading or otherwise incorrect, you may ask us to correct the Personal Information and we will do so as soon as reasonably practicable and within 14 days. We will notify relevant third parties of any corrections to the Personal Information we hold where it is reasonable to do so. If you wish to deactivate your account or delete all of your Personal Information please contact us and we will action this request as soon as reasonably practicable and within 14 days.
11. COMPLAINTS If you have a complaint about how we handle privacy, please contact us. We take all complaints seriously and will investigate. For further information on the Australian Privacy Principles and Australian privacy law, see www.oaic.gov.au. To contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, including to make a complaint about privacy, contact 1300 363 992 or email@example.com.
13. CONTACT US You can contact us at: The Privacy Officer, 15/3-13 Bundarra Avenue, Wahroonga, NSW 2076 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org